This and that: Egg Benedict with Asparagus

Monday, January 23, 2017

Egg Benedict with Asparagus



Egg Benedict and Asparagus together for a yummy breakfast.
If you like Egg Benedict and asparagus then this recipe is for you.











Egg Benedict with Asparagus

When my husband moved here to America, I tired to get him to eat asparagus and he wouldn't even try it.  He now is on an asparagus kick and found this recipe from Against the Grain that he wanted to try.  It was delicious and easy to make.. although I have had Egg Benedict, I had never tried to make it myself because I always thought it was way to hard to make.

The Hollandaise sauce was easy to make, the only problem I found it was way too much - I did only make 3 poaches eggs as one egg is enough for me.. So maybe with 4 egg, you would use all of the sauce.  As the sauce was made in the blender, I found also it was hard to get all of the sauce out, but it is still is an awesome recipe.. Perfect for a weekend breakfast.

Egg Benedict and Asparagus together for a yummy breakfast.


Ingredients:
8 Asparagus Stalks
4 large eggs
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
chives or green onion for garnish
salt and pepper

Hollandaise Sauce
2 large egg yolks
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 paprika (I used smoke paprika)
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Cut approx 1 inch from each asparagus stalk.  Slice them thinly lengthwise. (I sliced each stalk into 4)
Fill a deep skillet with water and bring to a boil.
Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for approximately 5 minutes until a bright green and are tender.
Remove asparagus from the water.
Add apple cider to water and turn heat down to low.
Break each egg into a small bowl and carefully add to water.
Cover with lid and remove from heat and let sit for 7-9 minutes (I did keep mine on the heat for approx 2 minutes before removing it from heat as we like a harder poached egg).  The whites need to be set and yolk soft as desired.
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.

To Make Sauce:  (I made the sauce as the asparagus and eggs were cooking)
Fill a blender with boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes.. After 10 minutes drain water and dry blender.
Blend the egg yolk, lemon juice, paprika and salt together in the blender.
Slowly add the melted butter.
Blend together for about 30 seconds until the sauce thickens and the butter is well blended in.
The sauce will continue to thicken as the it cools.

To serve:
Divide the asparagus onto plates, add poached eggs and cover with sauce.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with green onions.


Egg Benedict and Asparagus together for a yummy breakfast.


I made this recipe with only 3 eggs and used the same amount of asparagus. Hubby had two eggs on his asparagus and I had only one.. This recipe could be made for 4 with one egg per plate..





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.