This and that: Broccoli Chicken Wrap

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Broccoli Chicken Wrap

Broccoli and Chicken Mixture wrapped in a tortilla, served cold or hot.

This month's Ultimate Recipe Challenge is Broccoli and I made yummy wraps with broccoli and chicken.







Broccoli Chicken Wrap

When I heard about this month's challenge, my mind went to this Broccoli Chicken Wrap recipe that I received many years ago from a friend of mine.  I haven't made it for a long time but it is easy and perfect to make.  I decided also to try and heat up the wrap and that made them even better.  You can make these hot or cold... either way they are good and delicious.


Broccoli and Chicken Mixture wrapped in a tortilla, served cold or hot.


Ingredients: (makes 2-3 wraps)
1 cooked chicken breast cut in bit size pieces
1 cup broccoli florets cut in small pieces
1/8 cup Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing ( I used Kens Steak House lite dressing)
1/8 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby-Jack Cheese)
1 tsp oil (optional)
2 - 3 tortilla 

Directions:
To make Chicken Breast -
Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken breast.
In small skillet, add 1 tsp oil and heat over medium heat.
Add Chicken and cook  for 4 -5 minutes, flip and cook another 4 -5 minutes until chicken is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Let cool and cut into bite size pieces and place in bowl.

Add broccoli, Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing, mayonnaise and shredded cheese.  Mix well.
Fill center of tortilla with 1/3 to 1/2 of broccoli and chicken mixture.  Fold in sides of tortilla.

To heat tortilla:
Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet over medium heat, place tortilla into hot oil and cook until tortilla is golden brown.  Flip and continue to cook until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted...  ENJOY!


Broccoli and Chicken Mixture wrapped in a tortilla, served cold or hot.


Broccoli has many nutritious benefits but not always a welcomed vegetable to lots of people.  My nieces and nephews call it eating trees when they eat it raw.   Take a minute to check out other broccoli recipes from some awesome bloggers.  









5 comments :

  1. My kids love anything wrapped in a tortilla shell, definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. A great way to sneak in your veggies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this is good warm or cold! The sweet onion dressing is a favorite of mine, so this will be lunch one day this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.