This and that: Pumpkin Doughnut with Salted Caramel Glaze

Monday, October 17, 2016

Pumpkin Doughnut with Salted Caramel Glaze



Pumpkin Doughnuts with Salted Caramel Glaze that are baked not fried.

A Pumpkin Doughnut that it is baked not fried with Salted Caramel Glaze.









Pumpkin Doughnuts with Salted Caramel Glaze

Nothing is better than Pumpkin.. or at least that is what I think.  I could eat pumpkin anything and I usually have a can of pumpkin in the fridge so I can add it to whatever I am making.. whether it is cookies, muffins, coffee, you name it I can eat it.

Last week was Emergency Nurse's Week and nurses can and will eat anything.  I decided since last Monday was also Canadian Thanksgiving, I could celebrate both occasions and bring in some doughnuts.  I got up early so that I could make a fresh batch to bring into work ~ this recipe is perfect because it really doesn't take a lot of time to make.

Pumpkin Doughnuts with Salted Caramel Glaze that are baked not fried.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pure pumpkin
1 egg
2 tsp honey
1/4 cup melted butter

Glaze
1 tsp butter
1 tsp Salted Caramel Syrup
1/2 cup powdered sugar
half and half milk (enough to make the glaze thin)

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees
In medium bowl add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice and flour.  Set aside.
Melt butter and pour into bowl and let cool.
Once butter is cool add milk, honey, egg and pumpkin.  Mix well
Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients slowly mixing well.
Spoon mixture into doughnut pan about 3/4 full.
Bake for 12=14 minutes until brown.
Once baked cool in pan for 5 minutes and then place on cooling rack to continue to cool.

While doughnuts are cooling make glaze:
Place butter in bowl and whip.
Add some of the powdered sugar and mix.
Add Salted Caramel Syrup
Mix in the rest of the powdered sugar and add half and half until glaze is thin enough to drizzle over the top of the doughnuts. I used about 2-3 tbsp of half and half. (you can use any kind of milk)

Pumpkin Doughnuts with Salted Caramel Glaze that are baked not fried.


Need more pumpkin recipes:

Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies/ This and That #pumpkin #biscoff #cookies
Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies
      
Pumpkin Spice Fudge




Pumpkin Spice Syrup

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment :

  1. Hi Marly! Your pumpkin donuts look so yummy! I love that they are baked. :)

    Would you consider sharing at our weekly Dishing It & Digging It Link party? We are live every Sunday @ 4pm. We'd love to have your creative ideas.

    www(dot)thestonybrookhouse(dot)com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.