This and that: Avocado Salmon Caprese Salad

Friday, June 17, 2016

Avocado Salmon Caprese Salad

Give your caprese salad a twist by adding smoked salmon and avocados.

When I was in Togo, Africa, my husband made me a salad with avocados, tomatoes and smoked fish.  It is one of my favorite ways to eat avocados.  This week I changed it up a bit and added mozzarella cheese and basil ~ now I have a new favorite salad for the summer.




Avocado Salmon Caprese Salad

Give your caprese salad a twist by adding smoked salmon and avocados.

I can't wait until I have fresh garden tomatoes to try this recipe with, it will even be more awesome with fresh tomatoes.  I bought a medley of tomatoes - red, yellow and orange but it also would be good with just red tomatoes.

The smoked salmon comes from our local fish market and it is sooo gooood....  If you ever in the Keweenaw you need to stop at Peterson's Fish Market on Highway 41 as you go out of Hancock. During summer they have a cafe where you can get baked or fresh fish meals.

Ingredients:
You will notice that I don't have any quantities for this salad, use what you want to make this salad to your taste, I will share with what I used for one salad.
Avocado (I used half for one salad)
Tomatoes (I used about 3-4 small tomatoes that I cut in pieces)
Red Onion (I used about 6-8 small slices)
Fresh Mozzarella (I used 3 balls of Belgioioso Mozzarella snacking cheese and cut in half)
Basil (I used about 4-5 leaves that I tore in smaller pieces)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about a teaspoon)

Directions:
In bowl mix the first 5 ingredients.  Drizzle EVOO over the salad.  Enjoy!

Give your caprese salad a twist by adding smoked salmon and avocados.



I had my salad with some bruschettini (small bruschetta toasts) but it would be great with some fresh French Bread or any type of fresh bread.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment :

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.